segunda-feira, 11 de julho de 2011

The Italian Stallion



I bought the Rocky collection a few days ago and I was watching it again. There are many great quotes I could take from it, but this is one of the best. It's from the last movie, Rocky Balboa (2006).


"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that 
and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"


Well, this is a damn of a life lesson, isn't it? Life is harsh and cruel sometimes, and if we let it go over us, we will never be more than shit. Plus, we can't blame anyone for our mistakes and our hard times. We just have to face it and keep moving forward, like he says. I know it's a lot easier to give up and let people tell us we aren't good, but we all know how pathetic is that. So let's not be cowards, we are better than that!.






33 comentários:

blaack disse...

Rocky is just a classic movie with a big life lesson . Life is hard and cruel but if you have your own dream you must follow it otherwise you're coward.

Ramiro Gonçalves disse...

rocky is a great symbol to all of us..i think we all should learn from this quote. great post.

go to my blog and give me a comment to ;) thank you

Katie disse...

I love Rocky! great movie..

Unknown disse...

Rocky awesome movie !

weirdnewstories disse...

The Italian Stallion! One of my favorite movies of all time :D

Unknown disse...

What a memorable quote.

Shahan disse...

Gotta say I love Rocky, great movie really pumps you up =D

I never watched all of them though, got a little tiring after the first few.

Linux Ninjas disse...

I Love Rocky, and i love Stallone!!!

sky disse...

Rocky Balboa is epic. Each word he says.

remocon disse...

one of my favorite movies

FoxDie disse...

I love Rocky!! One of the best movies ever. My girldfriend gave me the collection on the valentine's day (the brazilian, 12/06).

ebm93 disse...

Trully inspiring

Mark disse...

I have been kind of wanting to watch Rocky again lately, and after this, I just might lol. A damn good speech, with damn good points. Life may hit you, but you have to hit back.

Scrubby Bear disse...

I want to seriously watch this movie. Never had the chance to do it. Now I will!

Sub Radar (Mike) disse...

Forgot about that epic speech in Rocky, i'll have to watch it again soon.

Andre disse...

I love Rocky movies.

Awesome movies.

JonnyS20 disse...

Rocky Kicks ass :P

Love the Rocky series!

One of the best ever!

DM disse...

Rocky VI is a highly underrated movie.

B disse...

Damn, I wanna do something with my life now.

Nathan disse...

Rocky, so classic

Unknown disse...

I love the Rocky series.

Rlx disse...

Great movies..

Gambling Degenerate disse...

i frikin love rocky!

GMSoccerPicks disse...

Epicness on its purest state. And of course you got the eye of the tiger, which its probably the greatest movie theme song ever made hahahaha

DesignTiem disse...

I really liked the vid. I should learn a bit of typography.

LeroyBig disse...

One movie that just never gets old for me.

MrCoolPants disse...

Rocky is my favorite movie all time! followed

Ready to Grow disse...

I frickin' love rocky! +1 Follower

Eddie Nance disse...

I've never watched Rocky. This post seriously made me regret that fact. +Followed!

Rodo Rake disse...

Yo adrian, I DID >:/

thomau5 disse...

nice typography! i love those things

Mochileiro disse...

damit, is very expensive to import notebooks.

Sam Meyotl disse...

I don't really like Rocky, sorry!

Postar um comentário